Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Sketches & Black Leather, 635 Madison Avenue


I snapped a photo of myself for the comparison...
my sketch, pretty rad huh?

I had seen that the fashion illustrator Richard Haines was going to be at m0851 tonight to celebrate their 1st Anniversary and to do quick black & white sketches of the guests. Fresh off the plane I grabbed my camera and headed down to the event which was held at their pretty shop on 59th and the corner of Madison. It was such a sweet group of people with super cool style, and I got to meet Richard which was amazing! I check his blog (What I Saw Today) regularly and have always been fascinated by fashion illustration so meeting him and being sketched was awesome. m0851 has some beautiful leather bags and jackets as well! I actually ended up getting this really gorgeous chocolate brown leather clutch (I almost went for the dark red but a few boys standing near by steered me away from it, thanks guys) and it goes perfectly with my beat up brown leather motorcycle jacket. I'm so happy I went even though I was exhausted! Now off to bed.. Sweet dreams x

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a pleasure hosting you last night...
    You are lucky!!! I didn't get a sketch for myself. Next time...
    Glad you like your pouch. m0851 has the best leather products for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for taking these pictures! I am the sketch with the dotted scarf! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i keep trying to leave posts but i don't think they work. anyway, great meeting you and i love these photos! r

    ReplyDelete